Sunday, January 17, 2010

Virgin Blog :-)



So I decided to set up a Blog for my family's racing activities.

For those that don't know my oldest son, Logan and I compete within the SCCA (Sports Car Club of America) Solo (autocross) program with the Philadelphia Region.

I'm moving from STU (Street Touring Ultra) to B Modified this year with the purchase of a fully restored 1979 LeGrand MK25-D that I'm picking up from Casey and Chip Haddock in Florida. The Haddock's are pretty well known within the DSR community for restoring LeGrand's so I'm really excited and can't wait to get the car. I'm heading down to Florida with an enclosed trailer at the end of the month with a buddy of mine, Justin Stone and hopefully JR Fisher (who may be in CO for work though).

BMod is the second fastest class within the Solo program and I am REALLY looking forward to the challenge of campaigning this year and beyond. This year and hopefully the coming years, Justin will be co-driving the car with me, which will really help me develop the car that much faster.

To start things off here is a link to Casey's Flickr page with a butt load of photos of the car. Just for some eye candy until I post up some more recent pictures of mine, here is Chip's MK18:


Mine will essentially look the same as mine will also run a Decker body based off of Chip's molds.

My oldest son, Logan, will be entering his first season of racing in SCCA's Formula Junior C (FJC) class this year. We bought him a 2008 Coyote Kid Kart with a Comer C50 motor - check out this link for some info.

Here's a photo of Logan the first day he got to run the kart:

We've since added class and number decals to the bodywork and it looks great!!

Logan is dying to race the kart and we're hoping to get him out in March either the last Philly Winter Series event or at the first Test and Tune at the end of March.



No comments:

Post a Comment