Saturday, February 6, 2010

The LeGrand is finally home!!!

After 34 hours and 2600 miles the LeGrand is finally home!!! This is such a cool car.... I've been going over the car trying to wrap my head around what the previous owner has done so far to the car as well as just soaking in the chassis construction including the suspension setup as well as all the other ins and outs of the car and its so cool to see how this sucker was designed and put together. I've never owned a "real", dedicated, tube frame race car and its just as cool as I expected.

Currently I am sorting through the electronics and finishing up were the previous owner left off, which includes wiring up the fuel pump, starter, gear position sensor, master kill switch as well as wiring in all the gauges, shift light, air shifter system and ignition interrupter. I've also still have to build a front diffuser that will also house the radiator and oil cooler. Also on the to do list is mount the body work and paint the body work, refinish the wheels and mount the used rubber (thanks Per!!) as well as build the header and exhaust system. I'm also looking into building a custom air scoop for the airbox. Lastly I need to fabricate a firewall as well as a belly pan for the engine bay. Once that is all done she will be ready to rock (hopefully for the March test and tune).

Anyway here are a few pictures that I took once I got her in my garage, enjoy:





No comments:

Post a Comment