Saturday, August 7, 2010

Paradigm Motorsports air shifter

Man this is one cool ass piece of equipment. Thanks to Dave Cook and his hard work, I have made the switch back to an air shifter system with steering wheel mounted paddles. I had tried running what the Haddocks gave me but, never could get their system working properly.

Paradigm's system is an entirely different world. It sports an innovative paddle system that incorporates a hand clutch with the downshift paddle. The initial tug on the paddle initiates the clutch than I pull it further and it initiates a downshift! Really cool. I haven't hooked the clutch feature up yet as I have to convert the trans back to a cable clutch from its current hydraulic system so that the clutch can be activated using a solenoid.

Another cool feature is that the upshift/downshift intervals are adjustable! Haven't played with that but, as is it shifts retarded fast :-) Dave has also come up with a control box that has even more features such as flat-foot shifting (no-lift-to-shift) among some other top secret things!





No comments:

Post a Comment