Monday, March 8, 2010

Wheels

The wheels that came with the LeGrand are original magnesium cast wheels, 13x7 and 13x9. They are very light and will serve great until I can get a set of Keizer cast aluminum wheels.

Unfortunately they came with the car painted pink :-o Apparently the previous owner (the owner Casey bought the car from) had a thing for pink wheels and made it sort of a trade mark of his. To each his own I guess. Any way, I recently had the wheels media blasted by Atlas Media Blasting in Lansdale, PA. They came out extremely well!! So much so the owner of Atlas was even taken back by how well they've held up to all the years of abuse since they were first made in the late 1970s.

Once they were blasted, I took the wheels to my buddy, Jeremy Grafton. Jeremy has his on shop were he builds choppers, the occasional hot rod and body and paint work. He's done a superb job on a few Evos that I have worked on and seeing some of his past projects is damn impressive. Anyway, he put some elbow grease into these babies and it sure shows:



The orange and black is from a McLaren M20 form Denny Hulme's 1976 M20 that McLaren Race Cars campaigned during the awesome Can Am series of the '60s and '70s. My livery for the body of the car will also be this black and orange....

No comments:

Post a Comment